Just six weeks into the current legislative session, the state Senate passed a bipartisan transportation investment package early this month. It’s now up for consideration by the House of Representatives. Some key projects included in the package:
- Widening I-90 over Snoqualmie pass toimprove safety and provide for smoother movement between eastern and western Washington.
- Completing the SR-520 west side landing toimprove the link between the region’s economic centers of Bellevue and Seattle.
- Extending Highways 509 and 167, which will expedite freight movement in and out of the Ports of Seattle and Tacoma, both vital economic engines for the entire state.
- Upgrading Highway 9 through Snohomish County, which will improve safety.
- Improving I-5 near Joint Base Lewis McChord, which will improve mobility between the South and Central Puget Sound regions.
Each of these investments is important for the families and employers in their local areas. In total, an investment in transportation represents a commitment to Washington’s future.