The Washington Roundtable and Partnership for Learning are hiring a communications specialist to support the organizations’ external communications efforts. Click here to apply, and please forward to anyone who might be interested.
The communications specialist is responsible for managing and implementing select communications programs and activities for the Washington Roundtable and Partnership for Learning, the Roundtable’s education foundation. The central role is to support development and execution of the organizations’ external communications efforts, with an emphasis on integrating and leveraging social and digital media to amplify the organizations’ work and policy positions. As a small communications team, we wear many hats and need someone interested in all areas of communications and willing to perform many tasks. The Washington Roundtable and Partnership for Learning share office space in downtown Seattle. The successful candidate will be employed by the Washington Roundtable.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create compelling written, graphic, and video content and increase organizational storytelling capacity.
- Maintain and support management of organizational and coalition web sites.
- Manage and grow social media presence across organizational and coalition brands.
- Execute digital campaigns aligned with business and policy goals.
- Manage calendar for organizational communications, including messaging, audiences, timing and vehicles.
- Maintain and develop the organizations’ library of graphics, photographs, videos, and other content.
- Write, edit, and format content for internal and board communications.
- Provide staffing support for board, committee, coalition and partner meetings.
- Develop and manage tracking reports for media coverage, social media engagement, and web analytics and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Manage vendors to support content production as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant communications, marketing, or campaign experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong editing skills.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Experience working across social media platforms in a business environment; setting goals, implementing strategies, and tracking performance.
- Experience with productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office and Constant Contact.
- Experience with graphic design and Adobe products, such as Acrobat, PhotoShop and InDesign.
- Experience with web design and content management systems, preferably WordPress.
- Strong understanding of Washington state politics and policy advocacy is a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Compensation plan is commensurate with experience.